2017 HURRICANE FAMILY KART RULES
ALL HURRICANE FAMILY MAIN RULES
AFTER EACH FEATURE MOD LITE AND MODIFY
WILL BE WEIGHED
1. You may use 125 to 270 Microsprint chassis or custom built is acceptable.
2. Cars shall have front and rear bumpers. Complete or Microsprint styles are acceptable. Complete bumpers must be rounded with no sharp corners or points. Nerf bars on both sides.
3. No sharp edges on outer pieces of cars.
4. Cars should have padding on all areas where body or limbs make contact.
5. All custom built chassis must be inspected and approved by the class directors and the tech inspector prior to racing.
6. Full roll cage is a MUST “ and be reinforced to provide good protection in a roll over. Roll bar must be 3 above driver’s helmet and wider than the drivers shoulders. Cage shall be constructed from a minimum of ¾ EMT conduit or equivalent.
7. Acceptable materials are ½ Black Iron, ¾ EMT, .063 Electric Weld Tubing, Mild steel or chromoly. All edges are to be rounded.
8. All car parts must be constructed from materials that will not break or shatter upon impact. (NO glass, plastic, Plexi-glass, etc.)
9. Cars must have a 4-point harness. A 5-point harness is recommended.
10. Helmet will be 2010 Snell approved and up with Full Face Shield refer to Track Rules. Must wear gloves, long pants, racing jacket, shoes and socks that go over the ankles.
11. A head and neck restraint device is required. (Neck collar, hans, d-cell, etc.)
12. Motors can be side mount or rear mount and jackshafts are acceptable.
13. All Hurricanes cars are pump gas ONLY.
14. Need to put zip tie on your spark plug for a quick disconnect.
15. All cars must have a chain guard bodywork etc. that prevents main drive chain from entering driver™s area. Jackshaft equipped cars must have guard above jackshaft chain.
The Minimum thickness for the guard will be 16th of an inch aluminum or steel.
16. All flywheels must have scatter shield.
17. Exhaust Silencers #RLVB91MO or RLVB91XL 1-5/16 must be used. All four (4) screens must remain intact. Small end may be cut to allow 1 ½ OD max pipe to match. No other modifications are allowed!
18. Numbers must be 8 tall on both sides of car. NO metallic unless outlined with solid color. (Examples: Black on white “ Red on white)
19. Any driver caught going fast in pits will shut car off and push it “ SO GO SLOW!!
20. Arm restraints must be worn by any driver 17 years of age and younger.
21. Anyone caught illegal-
1st offense – lose points for that night- next race you will be teched after the race
2nd offense – lose 100 points and 2 week suspension
3rd offense – will go to the executive board
22. Dial indicator and degree wheel will be available at track if anyone needs to use them.
23. Fire Extinguishers required in ALL pits.
24. You must have raced in four (4) races prior to the Mid-Season Championship (this does not include Mid-Season) in order to qualify for Mid-Season Championship and four (4) races (which Mid-Season can be counted as one (1)) prior to End-Of-Season to qualify for trophies. All trophies will be handed out after the race.
25. Brakes will be checked at pit entrance each time before going on track, NO brakes NO racing until fixed.
26. Tech will be random as raced
27. PROTESTING: You have 15 minutes after the race to protest and only in your class that you Executive Board with the $75.00 protest fee.
Calls made by the officials on track are not subject to protesting.
If the person/car being protested is found legal $25.00 of the protest fee is paid to the Tech man and $50.00 of the protest fee is given to the protested party.
If the person/car being protested is found illegal (1st occurrence) The $75.00 protest fee is returned to the protester and the person found illegal will lose all points for that night and have to pay $25.00 to the tech man for the tech that found him/her illegal. This must be done prior to individual racing again; will be teched after the next race.
If the person/car being protested is found illegal (2nd occurrence) The $75.00 protest fee is returned to the protester and the person found illegal would lose 100 points and 2 week suspension. Pay the $50.00 fine for 2nd occurrence and pay $25.00 to the tech man for the teching that found him/her illegal. This must be done prior to individual racing again.
If the person/car being protest is found illegal (3rd occurrence) The $75.00 protest fee is returned to the protester and the person found illegal- at this point it will go to the Executive Board must pay the $100.00 fine for 3rd occurrence and pay $25.00 to the tech man for the tech that found him/her illegal. This must be done prior to individual racing again.
Classes and Ages:
Novice Class “ 5 to 8 years old with a 6 hp or 6 ½ hp “ NO Weight Rule
Jr Class “ 9 to 15 years old- Stock 13HP GX 390X or a Honda 390,
as long as it™s a 390 “ No Weight Rule
Adults “ 16 years old moves up to adults, 14 years old with 2 years experience.
See Mod Lite and Modify Individual Rules for Weight
See next pages for Classes “ Modify “ Mod Lite and Jrs “ Box Stock
THE NUMBER ONE RULE NEXT TO SAFETY IS TO HAVE FUN!!!
2017 MODIFY HURRICANES
- Motor shall be GX 390 or Equivalent.
- Maximum bore is 90.25mm.
- Minimum weight for Car and Driver will be 605 lbs. Will be weighed after EACH FEATURE.
- Aluminum flywheel is acceptable.
- All flywheels must have scatter shields.
- No strokers Allowed. Stock stroke is 64mm.
- Front tires will be a minimum of 12 in diameter.
- Exhaust Maximum OD 1 ½ and must be equipped with 1 of the 2 silencers listed in the Family Rules
**2017 MOD LITE HURRICANES
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN DO IT THEN YOU CAN’T
- Motor shall be GX 390cc or equivalent as in aftermarket 13 HP 390cc motors.
- STOCK appearing carburetor.
- Can remove the governor.
- 20 thousandths MAXIMUM over bore and stock style pistons. No flat top pistons, no lightening or short skirts.
- Plain head 100 thousands, MAXIMUM stock head thickness 3.742 from valve cover base to head. 20 thousandths max over bore 88.25 mm is stock bore
- No lightened flywheel, must have scatter shields. 3 degrees maximum, 28 degrees, maximum time.
- Can replace connecting rod with billet rod.
- Reinforced GX 390 Rockers “ 1 to 1 ratio.
- Side covers solid dowel kit, stud kit, SS valves, standard size “ 40b valve springs.
- STOCK cam shaft “ air filter open.
- Camshaft not to exceed 3-5 degree variance. STOCK CAM-NO grinding, twisting, welding on cam what so ever, max lift per intake 260 exhaust 2340plus or minus 3 thousandths.
- Port and polish intake and exhaust ports.
- Exhaust Maximum OD 1 ½ and must be equipped with RLV 4106 silencer
- Balanced engine is ok.
- Minimum weight for car and driver will be 5610lbs and will be weighed after EACH FEATURE race.
- Front tires will be a minimum of 12 in diameter. Cooling fan min thickness 32 mm, measured from tip of fan to back of fan.
- Any questions on cam profiles contact Jim Brown.
Bore 3460 in (88mm) Standard
Stroke 2.533 (64mm)
Springs 17 lb to 20 lb
Head 3.738 stock
Under head .316
2017 BOX STOCK HURRICANES
IF IT DOESN’T SAY YOU CAN DO IT THEN YOU CAN’T
- Motor shall be 13 hp Clone Motor or a 390 Honda with 88mm bore and 64mm Stroke
- Can remove governor and cut crank.
- Clutch gear will be 10 tooth (Noram), Axle gear will be 60 tooth.
- Any driver who thinks another has a faster or illegal motor can buy that motor for $225.00 recoil or $267.00 for electric start. Motor will be teched at end of race. That motor cannot leave track without being teched.
- NO Weight Rule.